Saturday, May 20, 2023

When life keeps knocking you down…

​Somebody asked me recently, “haven’t you guys been through enough?”

And, to be honest, sometimes it feels that way.

Being told we miscarried.

More seizures than we can count.

Rolling my truck off Monarch Pass. 

A ridiculous and unnecessary autoimmune disease.

Losing our support since the org that bought our camp did nothing with it. 

Cars that seem to enjoy breaking down. 

Nearly getting divorced 

Church wounds that seem irreparable.

Losing our workshop to a senseless fire right when we seem to start making progress. 


But, God.


Right?

How many times have you been told that?

How many times have you been bitter that you’ve been told that?

When we are in the valleys, and all we see is darkness, and all we feel is pain, it is not helpful for well-intentioned people to say cliches. 

The one I hate the most?

“God will never give you more than you can handle.”

I call BULLSHIRT on that one. 

The Bible actually tells us the opposite.


But, God. 

It’s not on us. 

WHAT A RELIEF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!