Thursday, December 1, 2011

tree skirt

So, I'm totally addicted to Pinterest. Who isn't?! I've made a few things from there but this is my FAVORITE so far. You can find the original tutorial here:  Tree Skirt tutorial.  The only things I did differently are I bought a $5 tree skirt from Fleet Farm to use as the base and instead of hot gluing (I ALWAYS burn myself), I used my grandma's old sewing machine to sew it. Saved a ton of time and money (glue sticks are expensive!).

Here's my finished product!



Hope you like it! Now my tree is officially done!
-kt

4 comments:

  1. kelley, i love it! i'm seriously thinking about making one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's WAY beyond my sewing (or even gluing!) abilities, but it's flat-out gorgeous. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that tutorial pinned as well!! I can't wait to start!! Yours turned out great!! I was thinking I would sew mine as well - that way I know it will stay together years down the road!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!