Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Picking Fun!

This weekend was the perfect weekend to go apple picking. My sister's boyfriend was here visiting her and we decided to spend the morning on Saturday at Apple Valley Orchards in De Pere. The weather was crisp and the sun was shining. It wasn't too busy (til right before we left). It was perfect.

The Little Mister REALLY enjoyed himself.

We started out by taking the tram to the orchards.



We spent some time back in the orchards picking (and throwing... oops) apples.


Then, we played a little football... with an apple.

Hut, hut...

Hike!
Between my sister and me, we got some cute photos of the Little Mister out there...

Elbow pads!!!





When we were all done picking apples and playing in the orchard, we headed back on the tram to get other goodies like pumpkins, and to let Jake play on the train!




He, of course, did NOT want to get off.

We bought some pumpkins, weighed our apples, and took a few more picts before getting the little one home for his nap... because man, was he tired.




Anyway, we really enjoyed the day and definitely recommend Apple Valley.
Oh, and because I've been asked this already... my sweater is from TJ Maxx (courtesy of my awesome mother-in-law - thanks!) and my boots are from Target. Love them!

Now, I'm going to get back to watching the Packers beat the Broncos.  ;)
Have a great rest of your Sunday!

-kt

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!