Saturday, February 25, 2017

Simple Saturdays: The Easiest and Yummiest Shredded Chicken Ever



This is absolutely the easiest (and one of the tastiest) recipes I make.



Four ingredients.

Chicken, water, onion salt and italian dressing mix.
That's it!



And, it's super versatile.

All I do is place enough chicken for our family in a slow cooker (this time it was one breast and 3 thighs, but it's totally your preference).

Add 1 cup of water (we need the extra moisture here at our high elevation).

Then, I sprinkle the chicken with a generous amount of onion salt and 1 package of this italian dressing mix. The whole packet.



If the chicken is frozen, I put the slow cooker on high for an hour before switching it to low.
It's a pretty standard slow cooker meal, so high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.

Then, shred and add more water as necessary.



Our favorite ways to have this are over rice or mashed potatoes or on rolls as chicken sandwiches.

My kids GOBBLE it up. All three ask for seconds, and thirds...

I like to double the recipe so I can do sandwiches one night and over rice or potatoes later.

Hope you love it, too!
-kt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!