Friday, May 6, 2011

let sleeping dogs (err... babies) lie

there is nothing quite so peaceful as a sleeping baby. i had to sneak into the cowpoke's room to snap some photos this morning... he was just so sweet!


little hand


he just looked so snuggly, i wanted to crawl right in with him... but i resisted the urge knowing that the moment wouldn't even start before it would come to a quick and crabby end. i went and made coffee instead.  :)



MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's day is coming up. This will be my second official mother's day. I will have a better, more sentimental post about mother's day ina few days but for now, I'd like to share my hypothetical (read: never going to happen) mother's day wish list. This is the list of things I'd like if it was possible. Which it's not. So, don't worry, there will be no disappointment when these things aren't here on Sunday. All I REALLY want is some quality time with my boys and to not have to do any laundry for the day. 

1.  The Barnes and Noble Nook Color - I was opposed to the ereaders for a while because I LOVE my collection of books so much, but I think it would be so great to read a book before I buy it to get dusty on my shelf. I mean, some books I have just sit there. Some I've read so many times they are looking pretty worn, but in my opinion, that's how all books should look. So, if I don't love the book enough to make it look like that, maybe it shouldn't be on my shelf anyway. Plus, the Nook Color has so many other things to do on it (like Angry Birds - wink wink) that it's more than an ereader now anyway!

2.  The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens - Ideally, I'd like a f/1.4, however this one will have to be my next lens purchase since the f/1.4 doesn't exist yet in a lens that will autofocus with my camera body. I'd love this lens now but I guess I'll start saving my pennies. I really REALLY want this lens. Really.

3.  Bamboo Fun - This handy little contraption will revolutionize how I edit my photos. It's pretty stinking awesome. Just take my word for it.

I could continue my list with things like an external flash, and extra battery for my camera, a new car (actually an SUV), some new clothes, a new printer (since ours won't work with our new computer we got since our last computer doesn't work anymore), etc... however, this unrealistic list is enough.

Like I said, really I just want some quality time with my boys... and maybe a day without rain. It's been so wet here in GB. I'm really hoping we'll be rain free on the day of the marathon. We'll see! Just over a week left til race day! Yikes!

that's all for now,
-kt

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I know till now that you have a blog?! I just signed on to follow you...and, since I FINALLY figured out a good system to keep up with those I follow, I'll be here often. :^)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!