Monday, May 2, 2011

Well, it's about time...

I suppose I'm not doing anybody any favors by not posting more frequently. Our little j is growing so fast and our family is out of town. I owe it to you guys to give you more updates than my random picture submissions to iheartfaces.

So, here's what we did this weekend...

Friday night, our dear college friends, Holly and Ryan stopped in for a visit. They had been driving through from a quick vaca with Ryan's family. It was so great to see them,... like always. We are so comfortable with them. They are and were 2 of the most influential people in helping us become who we are. We're so thankful that God placed us in their paths in college and that they didn't just walk around us (being seniors and us being freshman) but instead, they embraced us and did life with us. We miss them desperately when they are not around, but pick up right where we left off when we are together. We love them!

Saturday morning, my marathon training continued with a 12 mile run. The weather was decent. It was a little cold with the wind, but I did ok.  :)  Less than two weeks and I'll finally be done! Yea! Training for a marathon takes up so much time. I miss my little family.

Saturday afternoon, we went swimming with our friends from my Core 4 at the Y so the little ones could have some pool time. It was a lot of fun to have everyone (husbands included) all together. This so rarely happens. Our sons are all within 6 months of each other and they LOVE the water. We went to one of their houses for dinner and then headed home to crash! It had already been a busy weekend and we were tired.

Sunday morning was church. Our church is going through "The Year of the Word". We're working our way through the Bible as a congregation. I love it! After church we went to character group and had a great discussion about Mark 10. 
That afternoon I made some cookies from a recipe I found in Real Simple magazine that I've been wanting to try. They are Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and they turned out delicious!

YUM!  
The rest of the afternoon was spent outside! It wasn't that warm but it sure was fun. We have a great yard with great potential but it needed to be cleaned up a little bit. Jake tried helping, but he was pretty confused about what we were doing.  :)

They make my heart leap.


not sure...

working hard

still not sure

Cooper had fun, too

our little helper


AND, here is our garden. At least, this is how it has been since the snow melted. We're going to be working it over this spring and planting a bunch of veggies that we'll hopefully be eating this fall. I've never done any gardening before so I'm really hoping this works!



interesting owl left behind...





Consider yourself updated.

-k

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know you dropped by!